Friday, September 27, 2013

ELF Studio Prism Eyeshadow Review - My First Impressions

Howdy!

Alright! Here is my review on ELF's new eyeshadow palette, the Studio Prism Eyeshadow set in the color Naked! :D 

In this palette you get 6 eyeshadows, they do not have names (I don't think I have had a ELF product that ever had specific names for each eyeshadow) the colors range from pearl white to a mocha dark brown color. 


For me, when I first looked at this palette, I love it! I'm all about nude eyeshadows! From just looking at these eyeshadows to look so smooth and very VERY shimmery! (Prism=shimmer :P) Which for me, I do not mind shimmer at all it all just depends on the formulation of the product if it's a good shimmer to it. Because I've have used other eyeshadows similar to these and they turned out to be 'flaky' shimmer. (Meaning shimmer everywhere but your eye lids .__.)

Now for the swatches! :3

This first photo was taken outside and I used no primers or a wet brush, just the shadow alone. With a brush this eyeshadow is very smooth and has pretty good pigmentation. Although you can the first two colors are very light. As for the rest of them I really like them a lot! They are more of a copper/bronze tones, not so much browns. 


 
 For this picture I applied the eyeshadow with a wet brush and no primer. Which worked much better and the two lighter colors showed up much better. (They would probably so better either way, if I used a primer) I find that are very smooth, soft and they seem to be very blendable (I'll have to wear them out for a day to see how they work out :3) Although, my first impression of them are really good! Also, they did not have much fall out, even just applying to my arm. They pick up very well with a brush. 



 With that being said so far I'm very happy with this palette, I think I will get a lot of use out of them. I'm still kinda 'eh' on the two lighter colors, because I wished they pick up better. BUT, I will actually try these on my eyes and see how they look with a primer. :) (Pics to come!)

Overall first impression view: A- 

Until then, I will see next time! ;3

-Love Tater (aka Victoria)

P.S. Next blog with be showing off some new nail polishes I created! (From when I couldn't sleep and was in a nail polish mixing mood! >:D) 

No comments:

Post a Comment